Saturday 19 March 2016

I am back



I am back and it feels good to be writing a blogpost again. Hope you are all still out there.
New laptop, Windows 10 so anything may happen. Have the book Windows 10 for Dummies so fingers crossed. I am trying to be brave and take control of this computing business.




Love the texture of this machine, doesn't show up on the photo Told by Steve the computer man that is like saying you are not interested in the performance of a car only the colour. Hey Ho if you are into textiles it is a selling point if a black boring laptop has a textured top, isn't it.
Still house hunting. Not found a new abode yet. Have made a plan to view 2,3 places on the same day instead if charging all over the place. Some are in the wrong place others are right place wrong house.
In Perth today tutoring a 10.00- 4.00 workshop.






My workshops usually entail me carrying in boxes of paint paper and glue but this was all I needed 2 small bags. A very clean stitching day.
















A few samples of free form Faggoting stitch





















Finding a way to attach. Think everyone had fun. They certainly worked hard. Interesting to note everyone started with same materials. Results so different. Notice I provided my precious bottles.
Ok that's me back in Blogland. I will keep fingers crossed as I press publish.
Might get back to working on the " Coastal " piece next week as new plan of house hunting only once a week will give me more time.
BYE       BYE




4 comments:

  1. Hello! Welcome back to Blogland.
    Moving house, moving to Windows 10 AND a new laptop, sounds like lots of "adventures" are happening.
    Big congrats on getting up a blogpost, with lots of photos, under these three circumstances.
    Interesting to see your student's work in joining experiments.
    And how good not to have to take much equipment to a workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! From these terrific stitching photos, I can just imagine what a fun class that must have been. Lots of great variety in the stitches and great inspiration for things to attach too. I hope all your new adventures go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... such a great range of dofferent stitchens - welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I love the texture of your new PC too and as for you texture of equipment is important to me as well. Please tell this to the Steve the computer man ;)According to the photos the stitching class must have been so much fun.

    ReplyDelete