Saturday 9 July 2016

The clock is ticking



My thinking for this piece of work was my reaction to the images of refugees trying to cross into Europe. Quite shocking. Fences were being erected along borders. Keeping people in. Keeping people out.



I never get a good photo of my long pieces


The spaces between each piece of fabric represent the difficulties faced by the refugees as they try to cross border


The Fences were pieces of wood painted and distressed by leaving tied to a fence at the beach.
I still have to stitch on the backing but the main part is finished.
The clock is ticking and time for house move is very near.
I am sorry I will miss harvesting my gooseberries. When ripe they are red and so very sweet.


Next post will be from new area, new town, new house.
BYE      BYE

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is an amazing art piece, Maureen! I like reading about your insights for it. Your interpretations for the sections is so inspiring and meaningful. The details are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing to consider your meaning behind this piece. To consider being in the refuges position. I can see why it is hard to photograph. It is a striking piece.

    Sorry to hear that you will miss your berries too. I have never had them.

    ReplyDelete