Monday 27 March 2017

Better late than never


I still have stitching to add to this.


I am enjoy just stitching without too much thought. 



I have never seen such small pins. I would like to source small black safety pins to add on. Is there such a thing? 
I am working on ideas for a series of workshops, Surface Decoration. 


This is made using the top layer  of a red and gold paper napkin, a chiffon scarf, strips of fabric and machine stitching.
I am tutoring a workshop in April,"  Stitching a Fabric Book."


Starting with a paper pattern to ensure folds are in correct place.


 This book has a pocket as part of the construction.
I found a little time this week to make a few backgrounds in my Play Book.






A peek at some of the many Hoops made by Embroiderers` Guild members. These will be on display at Scottish Regional Day.



It has been exciting opening up the parcels after postman has delivered.
I am missing my greenhouse but pleased these Sweet Peas have germinated on the floor of The Studio.


I hope you will look in again next week. I will try to post on Sunday but some weeks just run away from me.
BYE      BYE

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been having good fun with your creative pieces.
    Fun to think of you dreaming up a class.
    Your peas are growing, yay. Growth here is still super subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are particularly nice if you feel like splashing out.
    https://merchantandmills.com/store/equipment/notions/safety-pins-black/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colourful Play book and am especially taken with the third page - the colours and shapes look just right together.
    The first textile is interesting, a collage with lots of interesting pieces and pretty pinks too. It's good to try something different (must try it sometime).

    ReplyDelete