Wednesday 20 May 2015

Anticipation



Fuchsia covered up overnight as I was tired carrying them in and out of the greenhouse.






The snowdrops, crocus, daffodils and tulips are over and I am anticipating the next burst of colour. The Alliums, Peonies, and Lilies are not quite ready to pop but almost.






I love the way the ferns unfold. Anticipating the fronds.







The last pot of Auricula. This is a shady area so flowers last longer.





Montana Rubens almost ready. This plant scrambles through an old tree. I love the tangled stems.







This little daffodil flowers quite late. It becomes white as it ages so one needs to look every day to see the gradual change.





This cobbled area has a selection of grasses and more hosta in pots.







Waiting for the iris to bloom. The lily of the valley is in full bloom and is giving out its perfume. It is growing through a hosta.




I planted up some summer baskets yesterday. Keeping them in the greenhouse for a few weeks.









1 comment:

  1. Great photos of your amazing garden.
    I love when the alliums are just about to pop, your auriculas are so beautiful and other-worldly, and that's a very unusual daffodil.
    I've always liked your cobbled area.
    There's so much happening in your garden, even with the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete